Posts Tagged ‘peer coach’
Monday, September 17th, 2012
It’s been a week of wonderful NEW messages!
1) Driving myself happy, I saw a license plate that started with HBD (that reminded me of HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) Everyday is a good day to CELEBRATE LIFE and New Beginnings!
2) That same day, I heard a little girl tell her dad she would be turning 7 in October! She then, asked, which month she would be celebrating her birthday NEXT year? He let her know if you be the same month and day, each year. Perhaps she would have liked to celebrate her Life and Birth EVERY MONTH! Hearing the conversation made me smile!
3) The next day I received an unexpected call from a woman wanting to hire me to help her CELEBRATE HER BIRTH/LIFE by coming to her birthday celebration as Ha Ha Helen, Outlook Shift Engineer! The wonderful news, was that after a year had passed since her husband’s unexpected death, she was now ready to MOVE FOREWARD and would be CELEBRATING his and her life on her BIRTHDAY, with an intimate gathering of friends! HOW BEAUTIFUL!
4) I received a call, last evening, from a woman who had received a LAFOLOT.com bookmark/business card from me, at a craft show 4 years prior! She said she had held onto it, and decided to call me for some MOTIVATION! I talked to her about my life, and my healthy trigger tool methods wrapped up in silliness, merriment and myrth. She noted she had just gotten joy out of squeezing a sponge and watching the soap bubbles ooze out of it, while washing the dishes. I said: ‘YOU GOT IT! THAT’S IT!’ To find joy in the simple things in life, that allow us to OUTLOOK SHIFT, and move forward! She noted she had been ill, was just coming out of a slump, but had decided to get her craft supplies out – to start MOVING FORWARD, again – when she had found my card!
I told her I was GLAD SHE HAD CALLED, told her about the other call I received to CELEBRATE LIFE, and that I appreciated her AFFIRMATION of the GOOD THINGS I DO and SHARE with people, as my LAFOLOT business!
She noted that ‘tomorrow’ (now today as I write this), Monday – September 17, 2012 – ROSH HASHANAH – is her birthday!
I said: HOW WONDERFUL! I see her as a SHOOTING STAR, moving forward! I see that wish for us all!
5) I had a waking dream with the words of the song running through it: ‘You can stay forever, it’s fine by me … it’s fine by me …’ [I had been 'STUCK' in thoughts of the past Hell of my family challenges - some due to sitting with my mom in Hospice this past year - prior to her passing. I had been drug back down, into memories of the struggles, neglect and challenges - and LIFE LESSONS.]
As morning came, (dreams allow you to do AH! MAZING! things!) I saw myself taking STEEP, BOOKSHELF-LIKE STAIRS, 2 and 3 at a time, flying UPWARD and AWAY from the DARK chasm I saw below me, LEAPING UPWARD and AWAY from it – having LEARNED from it! Like a warrior. I had to laugh, I felt like YODA HA HA HELEN, a five feet, two inch, plump, menopausal woman, LEAPING and RISING UPWARD!
As I awoke, getting out of bed, I recalled a phrase my oldest, brain damaged sister, Dolly – had said on the phone to me, recently. It was quite healthy! She was ANNOYED, and in order to let me know she was done with the phone call, said: ‘HAVE A NICE DAY HELEN! … I SAID, HAVE A NICE DAY!’ This was a healthy response for her, normally not able to control her temper due to the front lobe brain damage.
I took HER LESSON, and said to that DARK, CHASM of OLD THOUGHTS and EXPERIENCES … THANK YOU, HAVE A NICE DAY! I SAID, HAVE A NICE DAY! I am moving upward, outward and onward!
When I got out of bed, the words of this song came to mind: ‘The sun goes UP, the sun goes DOWN; The UNIVERSE goes ALL AROUND; My UNIVERSE, will never be the same … I’m glad you came, I’M GLAD YOU CAME!’
To all the spiritual, earthly, TEACHERS who took me through those sometimes dark chasms to help me to FEEL, LEARN, HEAL, FACE and REPLACE … THANK YOU, YOU HAVE A NICE DAY! I’m GLAD you CAME to pass … on messages and lessons … Have a Nice Day!
HERE’S TO LIFE! Happy JEWISH NEW YEAR! Happy NEW YOU! … thanks to all the ANGELS that came across my path this past week.
YODA HA HA HELEN of LAFOLOT.COM – OUTLOOK SHIFT ENGINEER!
Tuesday, July 31st, 2012
I wrote a book called: Life is a Song in the Key of Love or Growing Up with the Embarrassment of Prejudice. I note that bias, prejudice and stereotype may be ‘handed-down’ through generations; without being questioned. The bias, stereotype, or prejudice statements or actions may be repeated over and over; but not FELT. I suggest doing a self-review of how YOU feel or THINK based on your own life experiences, and not based on something held onto by generations past.
I like using right brain, creative methods to get serious points across. In my book, I make reference to sheet music.
Now, I’d like to suggest another method! WHAT Fairy Tales, Fables or Labels are you receiving or giving out, that you may want to RE-VIEW? rePHresh your thinking, reLOOK, reVIEW, step back and SEE aNEW! WHO are YOU? How do YOU feel?
Get rid of the False Fairy Tales, Fables and Labels, OH MY! Why? Because Fairy Tales and Fables are written to TEACH LIFE LESSONS. Are the ones you are holding onto, or creating, a TRUTH for YOU; or were they handed to you by a peer, family member, etc. who had a life experience that doesn’t resonate with you?
I give a talk called: PEER POSITIVE! I talk about letting go of the PEER PRESSURE and PEER FEAR and becoming PEER POSITIVE! Peers may hold one another back due to personal life experiences that caused them to shrink back or give up a goal. Their own fear translates into an intention to protect you from having their same, fearful or uncomfortable life experience. But! It doesn’t have to be yours.
So, what are your FAIR TALES, FABLES AND LABELS? OH MY! Make a list, check it twice, and see if the Action/Reactions in your life are FALSE Fables or Tales that need to be ‘TAIL WAGGED’ and swiped away from your everyday interactions. Create peace within you, and work towards a world of peace.
… and they lived happily ever after!
HA HA Helen Szollosy, OUTLOOK SHIFT ENGINEER! Hear! Here!
Live Life! Laugh Often!