Posts Tagged ‘WE DO’
Monday, November 12th, 2012
Had to share this AH! MAZING! sequence of events that just occurred when I went out to pick up a sandwhich at Windsor Park SUBWAY.
1) I was sitting in the window seat, looking out the window (a lot of interesting stuff goes on in the parking lot!)
2) I saw two women stop at the curb’s edge; after exiting the tobacco/lottery shop next door. I could see the one woman crouched down; her purse on the ground; taking out her wallet and putting it on the sidewalk; and searching into the depth of the oversized purse.
3) I saw the one woman rise, and talk with her friend as they head for a vehicle. (At this point, I’m thinking she lost or forgot something – possibly her keys. I was going to invite her to come into the SUBWAY sandwhich shop, and use one of the tables to more effectively search her purse.)
4) Just then – a man exits the tobacco/lottery shop and enters the SUBWAY sandwhich shop. I say to him: ‘I think that woman can’t find her car keys.’
5) The man does an about face, hold open the door and calls out to the women:’I JUST FOUND A SET OF KEYS INSIDE AND LEFT THEM AT THE CHECKOUT COUNTER!’
6) I see the women turn and quickly head back towards the tobacco/lottery store. The man re-enters SUBWAY to head back to the restroom.
7) I see the women head back to their vehicle, and I see the vehicle lights flash as the woman deactivates the locks and security feature. SUCCESS! THEY WERE HER KEYS! YES!
8) The man exits the restroom to head back out the door. He says: ‘WHAT ARE THE ODDS? I JUST WENT IN THERE AND FOUND THOSE KEYS!
TIMING IS EVERYTHING! IT’S THE KEY!
I was the CATALYST … observing the women and sharing the information with the gentleman.
There’s a line from the play: ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’ Blanche Dubois notes she relies on the kindness of strangers.
So! 3 strangers’ paths unite on a dark and ‘almost stormy night’ – with DOUBLE-KINDNESS bringing about a HAPPY ENDING!
Isn’t life interesting? ‘A little kindness goes a long way …’ HA HA Helen of LAFOLOT.com – Outlook Shift Engineer! Hear! Here!
This gentleman is now an honorary member of the WORLDWIDE EVOLVED DO-GOODERS ORGANIZATION! (WE-DO!)
Sunday, July 22nd, 2012
What a wonderful gift I was given when finishing my grocery shopping, this morning, and heading to my vehicle!
I dislike grocery shopping, especially if I need to buy heavy items. I purposely make small shopping trips throughout the week, to get out and socialize, and lighten the load!
I always ask for help, when needed. I feel it’s a healthy thing, and it gives others the joy of offering the assistance or kindness! I got help putting a heavy item into my grocery shopping cart.
When I was exiting the store and heading to my car, I had just missed the parking lot cart gatherer who could have helped me lift the item into my Subaru Outback Hatchback. Luckily! A distinguished looking gentleman, exiting his SUV was walking towards me! “Would you mind helping me lift this item into my hatchback?” I asked.
He got a big smile on his face and was MORE than willing to help! He then said: ‘My son and I always waved and smiled back at you when you were at the Thai Palace parking lot on Carlisle Pike!’
I tend to forget that I have my WWW.LAFOLOT.COM LIFE LIFE! LAUGH OFTEN! bumper display on the passenger side door of my car. I also have the HA-HAHA license plate and my LAFOLOT.COM magnetic business sign on the driver’s side door. I guess he had NOTICED!
I said: ‘Wow! Thank you so much! You really MADE MY DAY by mentioning that!’ I said: ‘I really appreciate your sharing that with me!’ I let him know a little more about what I do, the WE DO! (Worldwide, Evolved Do-Gooders Organization!) I had just started, and told him he was NOW A MEMBER due to the KINDNESS he had just shown me! *hee hee The other funny thing was, I hadn’t done that ‘sitting along side the road’ for almost two years, and HE REMEMBERED!
I gave him one of my LAFOLOT Bookmark Business cards and he noted he was going to check it out.
I have to say, LIFE gives you UNEXPECTED BLESSINGS when – ironically – you LEAST EXPECT IT! HA HA!
I think anyone that is PASSIONATE about their business or career needs to hear, occassionally, that they are making an impact or are NOTICED!
Over the years, Sally Field’s line at one of the awards shows: ‘You like me! You really like me!’ has been joked about.
Being a new business owner who took a LEAP OF FAITH, left a lucrative, safe job and stepped out to do more with her life, to impact the world, sometimes you want to just toss it all and go back to the safety of a 9 to 5 job.
Then … when you least expect it – you get that ANGEL that magically walks across your path and tells you KEEP GOING, KEEP GOING – SOMEONE NOTICED YOU, AND YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THEIR LIVES!
In Gratitude for the COMPLIMENT and KINDNESS I received today,
Ha Ha Helen Szollosy of LAFOLOT.COM
Thanks! I NEEDED THAT!
Friday, July 20th, 2012
I joyfully discovered that ITSY BITSY Spider has taken up residence at the lower, right corner of my master bath tub! I am blessed! I thanked ITSY BITSY for gracing my home with its presence! What a GIFT! What a KINDNESS!
I am offically making ITSY BITSY Spider a member of WE DO! (Worldwide, Evolved, Do-gooders Organization!) I was inspired to create WE DO! in the early morning hours of July 11, 2012.
I feel that many great ideas have been shared that tend to get forgotten if not rePHRESHED! For example, great writting in books as well as the RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS thought, started years ago. As new generations are born, positive thoughts and ideas need to be recirculated.
WE DO! is a way to rePHRESH the priceless value of KINDNESS! Do you recall the movie, PAY IT FORWARD?
I created a Facebook Page called: Worldwide Evolved Do-gooders organization as well as a page on my website LAFOLOT WE-DO! I even created a GREAT T-SHIRT! AH! HA!
and, as if all that isn’t exciting enough … A THEME SONG! The WE DO! THEME SONG! You can learn the words from the LAFOLOT WE DO! page or you can watch it on www.youtube.com/HELENOFLAFOLOT/ or go directly to the WE DO! video.
All it takes is a random act of kindness, a little good deed to uplift the world, INDEED! AH! HA!
What a bright idea to continue onward! Doesn’t cost anything, yet it’s PRICELESS!
Go on! Warm your heart! Lighten your SOUL! Lift the world, one KINDNESS at a time! It’s GOOD, IN-DEED! IT IS!
HA HA Helen Szollosy of LAFOLOT.COM
AH! HA! A Little Kindness Goes a Long Way!
Outlook Shift Engineer! Hear! Here!